Skip to main content

Work Permits

In response to the novel COVID-19 virus situation, there is a new process for obtaining a Work Permit. To obtain a Work Permit, students must complete the following steps:

1.) Obtain and complete a “Statement of Intent to Employ a Minor and Request for a Work Permit” (CDE Form B1-1) at:

2.) Email the completed B1-1 form to Yolanda Cervantes-Espinoza, Principal's Secretary at Work Permits can be picked up at Carter High School or sent to you via email or USPS (United States Postal Service). Mrs. Cervantes-Espinoza will only be on site once per week during this time therefore please email, call/text her at (909) 258-4799.

Information students will need to include on the Statement of Intent to employ a minor form:

  • The student’s name, address, phone number and birth date
  • The employer’s business name, address, phone number, and supervisor name
  • The type of work the student will perform
  • The maximum number of hours per day and per week the student will be expected to work for the employer

6 Steps students must follow to receive a work permit

  1. Student must be enrolled in school
  2. Student must attend school regularly
  3. Student must maintain a GPA of 2.0
  4. Student may not be suspended or expelled
  5. Student must obtain a Statement of Intent to Employ a Minor form
  6. Student must submit the completed Statement of Intent to Employ